Sunday, April 6, 2014

Book Review - The Here and Now by Ann Brashares

Synopsis: Follow the rules. Remember what happened. Never fall in love.

This is the story of seventeen-year-old Prenna James, who immigrated to New York when she was twelve. Except Prenna didn’t come from a different country. She came from a different time—a future where a mosquito-borne illness has mutated into a pandemic, killing millions and leaving the world in ruins.


Review: This story held me captivated right up until the end. It was really interesting the relationship between Prenna and Ethan. I so wanted them to hook up but because of the consequences of Prenna actually being from the future and the whole reason her group of people came back in time (disease) was to set right a horrible wrong and not to get intimately involved with the "natives" of this time period I could understand why they should not. It was still so hard watching them get so close and knowing it could never be. The heart wants what it wants ya know?

At times I did get a bit confused with the order of things that had not happened yet and I really hated the ending but honestly how else could it have ended I had to keep asking myself.

1 comment:

  1. I just got this one from the library!! I hope I like it!

    ReplyDelete