Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Review - Thrill Ride by Rachel Hawthorne

Thrill Ride by Rachel Hawthorne
Released: April 25, 2006
Publisher: HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 320 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Author Site: Rachel Hawthorne

Thrill Ride!
One-day admission: $15
Summer job:
Pros:
Living on my own (plus roommates)
Rides are free (but avoid the roller coasters—too scary!)
Super-hot coworker . . .
Cons:
Periodic homesickness
Dressing like Gretel for job in fairyland gift shop
Super-hot coworker . . . and boyfriend back home. Too thrilling!
I cant tell you how much I enjoyed this book! I gobbled it up in one sitting and was hoping for more! A totally cute romantic story for any young reader and I recommend it even if your not a young adult! It was just so upbeat and fun but there were times that I really wanted to smack Megan just because I felt she was a little tooooo goody goody if you know what I mean? She would kind of prejudge folks like for example before she ever met her roomate she already had decided she was a slob and maybe a party gal with several boyfriends just because she had not put her things away all neatly and boys were phoning left n right. I'm like Helllooo so what if she didnt immediately put her things away the time she got there that doesnt make her a slob and then when Parker kept trying to get to know her she just kept being so rude in my opinion just because she had a boyfriend and she assumed he was one of her roomates boyfriends doesnt mean they couldnt be friends!

Even though I loved ranting about Megan like I said the book was awesome. Megan just rubbed me the wrong way....guess ya could tell? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment